The couple’s first dance is the most anticipated part of the wedding reception. While for many it’s the easiest aspect of the reception to plan, many couples end up disagreeing and encounter challenges finding the right first dance song.
Having the best wedding coordinator around can help you narrow down some great choices for a memorable first dance. DJ music will also be fantastic in livening it up for you! Here are some tips to help you choose the right song for your first dance:
- Find lyrics that speaks about your relationship. There are thousands of love songs out there, but only a few will actually reflect the kind of love and relationship that you share with your partner. No matter what your story is, there is a song out there that speaks volumes about your relationship. If you need help finding the lyrics, talk to a professional wedding DJ who can help you find a song. DJ’s will give you the best wedding advise to ensure that your reception will be truly unforgettable so give them a call!
- Choose a beat that you can both dance to. Both of you should feel comfortable dancing to the song of your choice. If you’re both set on a song with specific lyrics but preferred a different rhythm, ask your DJ if they can create a customized version for you. The best wedding first dance isn’t always about the song: it’s about you as a couple, so it’s important that you both feel comfortable.
- Don’t be afraid to be different; after all, Florida weddings are known to be fun! Celine Dion love songs simply aren’t for everyone. If you feel like doing something more upbeat or a hip hop mashup is more your thing, go for it! The best wedding songs are those that are truly reflective of the couple; not going for what everyone expects your first dance song to be. On the upside, if you’re having an Orlando destination wedding it’s the perfect excuse to go all out and be as crazy as you want with your chosen song.
- Spend a few hours with your partner and just go through your Spotify or iTunes playlist. Explore options that you’re already listening to; the perfect first dance song could be lurking in your very own playlist already. Press play and see if there are any songs that call out at you, or make you feel extraordinarily good. This is a great way of starting out especially if you don’t know where to begin. If you like a song, but find it too upbeat or fast-paced for a first dance, check if there’s an acoustic version that makes a good fit.
- Do a quick search on Google for the world’s most popular first dance songs. There are already thousands of options available online that you can add to your list; if you aren’t sure you can also send them to your DJ to check if it would make a good song for beach weddings. A professional wedding DJ can help you sort through a list of songs that you’ve found online.
- If you have several favorite songs that you want to dance to, you don’t have to narrow it down to just one. You can create your own mashup or ask a DJ to combine the songs. There’s even the choice to start with a slow song and then switch to more upbeat dance tunes later on in the dance!
- Ask your friends and family to send you a list of their recommendations for first dance songs. They could have some excellent ideas that you didn’t know about. Don’t forget to ask them to send you songs that specifically remind them of you and your partner.
Remember, you don’t have to be crazy about your first dance song. The track you choose can serve it’s purpose and that’s totally okay too! If you don’t want everyone staring at you for several minutes, there’s the option of choosing a song that will get everyone on the dance floor right away. A party-starting number is a fun way of getting the dance floor pumping while taking eyes (and pressure) off you.
On the other hand, if you and your partner feel particularly connected to a certain song, the guests will definitely feel your love as you dance to it on the floor. It may not be the conventional first dance song, but if it means something to you then by all means you should do it. At the end of the day the most important factor about choosing a first dance song is that you and your partner should both at least enjoy it and